Greetings, comics fans! This year, for the first time, TFAW will be covering the San Diego Comic-Con! Yay, party!!! Oh wait. We’re going down with our laptops, camera, and video camera to get you the latest product announcements, the coolest interviews, and pictures of the weirdest costumes you’ll see anywhere. So make sure to bookmark the “SDCC 2009? tag to get up-to-the-minute updates from July 22 to July 26!
Here are just a few things we’re going to blog about:
- We’re putting together a massive prize package for our San Diego Comic-Con 2009 Contest–come back for more details!
- Preview night! We’ll try to get pics of exclusive SDCC merchandise and first looks at displays and booths.
- The Annual CBLDF San Diego Comic Con Welcome Party! This Thursday-night extravaganza, which takes place at the Westgate Hotel from 7:30-11:00 p.m., lets comics fans and creators share their love of comics and support First Amendment rights for everyone. $10+ donation/$5 for CBLDF members.
- Product announcements! The newest comics! The hottest toys!
- Creator interviews! We’ve already lined up a couple of high-profile interviews, and with any luck, we’ll get these folks on camera.
- The Eisners! We’ll get inside this yearly comics “Oscars” and let you know who wins.
- The CBLDF Auction, July 25th, 7 p.m., at the San Diego Convention Center!
- Whatever you want! That’s right, simply tell us what you want to see in the comments below. Got a favorite creator? Want to know about a specific project? We’ll do our best to get all of the pertinent info.
Don’t forget to come see our TFAW booth–we’re #5425–and say hi to Jon, Dustin, Tyler, and Randall. We’ll also be shooting lots of video during our trip! To see every clip, bookmark our TFAW.com YouTube channel.
If you’re going to Comic-Con this year, make sure to track us down to get a full set of SDCC Autograph Cards. These feature the artwork of such awesome artists as Jaime Hernandez, Gabriel Bá, Fábio Moon, Bryan Lee O’Malley, Mike Mignola, and many more. You can only get them through us or at the publishers’ or creators’ booths, so find us fast before we run out of these limited-edition collectibles!
So who’s going to San Diego this year? What are you most looking forward to? Any products or events you’d like to see covered? Let us know, and we’ll check it out! Post below!