The press release follows:
Media Release — Beginning next month, Mayor Wilson Fisk will have all of Marvel’s heroes in his deadly grip in DEVIL’S REIGN, an upcoming Marvel Comics crossover event spinning out of writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Marco Checchetto’s Eisner-nominated run on DAREDEVIL! The all-star creators will bring their superb talents for high-stakes storytelling to the greater Marvel Universe in this far-reaching saga that sees Kingpin embark on a vicious quest to rid the world of every last Super Hero. The story continues in February along with exciting new tie-ins, limited series, and one-shots!
In DEVIL’S REIGN #4, New York is under siege and Wilson Fisk has broken! Whatever shred of decency that may have been left of him is gone entirely and now, with an army of super villains at his command, Kingpin has set his gaze upon everyone the heroes of the Marvel Universe hold dear — but even the Kingpin is unaware of the magnitude of danger he has put the city, its citizens and even himself with his war against the city’s super heroes!
Current Spider-Man Ben Reilly will get in on the action in DEVIL’S REIGN: SPIDER-MAN #1 by writer Anthony Piper and artist Zé Carlos. The events of DEVIL’S REIGN have put Spidey in an awful position and as if that weren’t enough, the newly returned Rose has Spidey in his crosshairs and wants to prove that he’s badder than his dad, Kingpin, ever was.
“As a lifelong comic book nerd, I was already hyped about the opportunity to craft a story for possibly the most iconic super hero of all time, but to do so during one of the most interesting shake-ups in the character’s history is both thrilling and challenging, and something I’m excited to be a part of,” Piper told ComicBook.com.
Writer Jed MacKay and Alessandro Cappuccio’s acclaimed Moon Knight saga will also be impacted by the crossover. DEVIL’S REIGN will find
Moon Knight indisposed but his mission must continue. In his absence, an erstwhile ally takes up the fight in MOON KNIGHT #8, but will the mystery of Stained-Glass Scarlet prove to be too much for Hunter’s Moon, the Fist of Khonshu? And come March, MacKay will team up with artist Federico Sabbatini and in a special one-shot, DEVIL’S REIGN: MOON KNIGHT #1, depicting Moon Knight’s time as Kingpin’s prisoner after a vicious battle with the Thunderbolts.
“When it comes down to it, Moon Knight is a street-level hero, and there’s nothing Fisk hates more than street-level heroes,” MacKay told SYFY Wire. “Fisk’s crews are out sweeping the streets for costumed heroes and, well, Moon Knight isn’t one for hiding –– that’s why he wears white. He’s got an address. So when the Thunderbolts hit the streets, they know where to find him.”
And learn more about these other DEVIL’S REIGN installments coming in February:
· DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #2: Chip Zdarsky continues his redefining work on Elektra alongside artist Rafael De Latorre in DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #2 which will see Elektra pitted against one of Marvel’s most savage villains. She’s the greatest assassin in the Marvel Universe — but having recently taken up the mantle of Daredevil, she’s taken a vow to never take a life again. But that vow is about to be put to the ultimate test, as Kraven the Hunter has her dead in his sights…and, unlike Elektra, he has no reservations about killing. If anything, he likes it when his prey struggles. At least, he thinks he does.
· DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN #2: Writer Gerry Duggan and artist Phil Noto continue to reveal Emma Frost’s deadliest secrets in DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN #2. Turns out attending Hellfire Club soirees was not the naughtiest thing the White Queen was up to in the time before she joined the X-Men… And the dirty deeds she did for Wilson Fisk are coming back to haunt her.
· DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #2: Otto Octavius irrevocably alters the multiverse in Zac Thompson and Davide Tinto’s DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #2. Now he must do everything he can to undo a paradox of his own creation before it undoes him. As Otto’s relentless assault on reality continues, the other Ottos grow weary of their reckless leader. Can the Superior Four set aside their egos to work together, or will they be lost to the multiverse forever?
· DEVIL’S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE #2: Kingpin’s war against vigilantes takes a turn in Clay McLeod Chapman and artist Manuel Garcia’s DEVIL’S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE #2. Wilson Fisk has laid out a proposition for the villains of the Marvel Universe: Join him or suffer the same fate as the heroes…or worse.
· LUKE CAGE: CITY OF FIRE #3: It’s a fight for the very soul of the city in Ho Che Anderson and Sean Damien Hill’s LUKE CAGE: CITY OF FIRE #3. As the city burns, the Regulators set their sights on an innocent child who’s unwittingly holding critical information. Luke Cage races to get to the girl first, which brings him face to face with Jo Rockhead, the lethal leader of the Regulators who has the power to turn people to stone. But when Luke finds out he and Rockhead have something in common, will his resolve waver?
Check out the February covers now, as well as a complete DEVIL’S REIGN event checklist, and be there when Kingpin’s rule begins this December! For more information, visit Marvel.com.
On Sale 2/2
DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #2 (OF 3)
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
Art by RAFAEL DE LATORRE
Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
DEVIL’S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE #2 (OF 3)
Written by CLAY MCLEOD CHAPMAN
Art by MANUEL GARCIA
Cover by SKAN
On Sale 2/9
DEVIL’S REIGN #4 (OF 6)
Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
MOON KNIGHT #8
Written by JED MACKAY
Art by ALESSANDRO CAPPUCCIO
Cover by CORY SMITH
On Sale 2/16
DEVIL’S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #2 (OF 3)
Written by ZAC THOMPSON
Art by DAVIDE TINTO
Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
On Sale 2/23
DEVIL’S REIGN: SPIDER-MAN #1
Written by ANTHONY PIPER
Art by ZÉ CARLOS
Cover by CARLOS GÓMEZ
DEVIL’S REIGN: X-MEN #2 (OF 3)
Written by GERRY DUGGAN
Art and Cover by PHIL NOTO
LUKE CAGE: CITY OF FIRE #3 (OF 3)
Written by HO CHE ANDERSON
Art by SEAN DAMIEN HILL
Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
On Sale 3/2
DEVIL’S REIGN: MOON KNIGHT #1
Written by JED MACKAY
Art by FEDERICO SABBATINI
Cover by ROD REIS
To find a comic shop near you, visit www.comicshoplocator.com
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media for over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media.
For more information visit marvel.com.