Media Release — Acclaimed artist Tim Sale (Superman For all Seasons, Spider-Man: Blue ) will be at partying with comic fans and the Hero Initiative at Hero’s first-ever in-store membership party! The party takes place at The Comic Bug in Manhattan Beach, California, Friday November 6th from 7pm to 10pm.
Partygoers who pay a mere $25 will get:
• 2010 Hero Initiative bronze membership, a $29 value
• A Tim Sale print made especially for the event
• 50% off EVERYTHING in the store!!
• Complimentary food and drink
All monies raised at the evening’s festivities will benefit Hero Initiative, the charity that helps comic book creators in medical or financial need.
Sale’s visit to The Comic Bug will be his first. “I’m really looking forward to finally getting to visit Comic Bug, a comic book store that I have heard such great things about for years now,” he said. “And I am always happy to work for Hero Initiative’s great people and great cause, working hard to take care of comic creators who can’t take care of themselves. Now where are my pencils?!”
Tim Sale will be signing autographs for everyone and doing sketches for the first 10 people only who upgrade to become Hero Initiative Silver members at $99. Tim usually charges $150 for sketches at conventions, so this is a smoking deal!
“We’ve hosted several events in conjunction with The Hero Initiative before and November’s event is one of the more ambitious and certainly most exciting,” said The Comic Bug’s Mike Wellman. “It’s nice to know that the good times we’ll be having are going to have a direct, beneficial effect on comic creators that desperately need help. We’re honored that Tim Sale is donating time from his hectic schedule to share his immense talent with us all!”
The Comic Bug is located at 1807 ½ Manhattan Beach Blvd., in Manhattan Beach, CA. They’re reachable by phone at 310-372-6704, or on the Web at TheComicBug.com
And if you just can’t make it, please check out Hero’s membership information at http://www.heroinitiative.org/Content.asp?Id=43
• Personalized membership card
• Quarterly newsletter
• A copy of the Hero Initiative Marvel Apes #1 variant
• Hero Initiative sketch card from a randomly selected artist! Artists include: Chris Bachalo, Dan Brereton, Mike Deodato, Scott Koblish, Mike Mayhew, Mike Perkins, Joe Quesada, Humberto Ramos, Tone Rodriguez, John Romita Sr., Leinil Yu and MORE!
You get ALL the above, PLUS:
• A NEW 2010 Hero Initiative T-shirt
• A copy of The Ultimate Spider-Man #100 Project
• “First in Line” and special members-only signings at select 2010 conventions
You get ALL the above, PLUS:
• A $50 gift card for Sideshow Collectibles
• Your flat item signed and personalized by Stan Lee!
Returning 2009 members will get a members-only discount off the prices listed above IF YOU RENEW BEFORE JANUARY 1st 2010. So if you haven’t signed up yet, do so today to guarantee your savings for the future!
About The Hero Initiative
The Hero Initiative is the first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strict to helping comic book creators in need. Hero creates a financial safety net for yesterday’s creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. It’s a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment.
Since its inception, The Hero Initiative has had the good fortune to grant over $400,000 to the comic book veterans who have paved the way for those in the industry today. For more information, visit www.heroinitiative.org or call 626-676-6354.