In November, 2006, Archie Comics offered Sonic readers both new and old the opportunity to relive the earliest adventures of their favorite hero with the release of SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #1. Now, here we are on the eve of the release of the 7th volume, and everyone agrees: this new classic reprint series is a hit! Fans are jumping at the chance to travel back in time to where it all began. Back in 1993, Sonic the Hedgehog sped his way from video games to comic books. Almost 200 issues later, “the blue blur” can lay claim to having the most successful comic book career of all video game heroes. Now, SONIC THE HEDEHOG ARCHIVES, a thrilling series of upscale reprints, lets you revisit Sonic’s early days in a premium yet affordable format.
These special 5 x 7 & ½ inch editions contain 112 action-packed pages, faithfully re-colored and printed on superior stock, with a low cover price of only $7.49 US! Picking up where the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #7 left off (which reprinted the original Sonic series issues #25 through #28), SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #8 brings fans these classic tales from issues #29 through #32 – including exciting events like Sally’s roboticization, the introduction of Dulcy the dragon, the solo adventures of Knuckles which led to his regular comic book, and other historic occurrences! Stories include:
* “Steel-Belted Sally” (issue #29): The unthinkable happens: Sally is robotcized! Also features the first appearance of Dulcy the Dragon!
* “Growing Pains, Part II” (issue #29): Tails has fallen in love with Fiona the Fox, but his new sweetheart may not be what she seems! This story led directly into the popular “Sonic’s Buddy Tails” mini-series.
* “The Return of Uncle Chuck” (issue #30): Since the start of the series, Uncle Chuck has been a mindless robot in Robotnik’s servitude. But when the villain’s latest experiment goes awry, Uncle Chuck regains his free will and aids the Freedom Fighters in their fight against oppression!
* “Who Keeps Stealing My Chaos Emeralds?!” (issue #30): A Coconut solo story of slapstick proportions!
* “Knuckles Chaotix Sneak-Peak” (issue #30): The two-page lead-in to the famous “Knuckles Chaotix Super Special” introduces Knuckles’ team The Chaotix and foreshadows Robotnik’s plans to capture them all.
* “A Robot Rides the Rails” (issue #31): Robotnik delivers his new super-robot, the Dynamac 3000 to the western coast by rail, and it’s up to the Freedom Fighters and Geoffrey St. John’s Rebel Underground to derail the treacherous train trip!
* “Lost… and Found!” (issue #31): A follow-up to the “Chaotix Super Special,” Knuckles must rescue the Chaotix and Arhimedes, leading to the much-loved Knukcles mini-series.
* “Tundra Road Part 1” (issue #31): Rotor must return to his homeland where Robotnik has brainwashed everyone in sight! Can he stop Robotnik’s “chilling” plot to bring on a new ice age?
* “Blast from the Past” (issue #32): The Freedom Fighters find themselves up against a swatbot ambush, the robotic fangs of Muttski, and a Mobian Cavebear in this action-packed adventure!
* “Prisoners!” (issue #32): The Chaotix are trapped by Archimedes – is he friend or foe?!
* “Tundra Road, Part 2 (issue #32): Rotor’s mission to rescue his family and countrymen takes a dangerous turn, and it’s up to the Arctic Freedom Fighters to join the fight!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #8
SCRIPTS: Mike Gallagher, Angelo DeCesare, Mike Kanterovich, Ken Penders & Paul Castiglia.
ART: Art Mawhinney, Dave Manak, & Pat “Spaz” Spaziante. Colossal cover by Spaz!
Shipping Date: July 23rd, 2008
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: July 30th, 2008
On Sale on Newsstands: August 12th, 2008
112-page, full color paperback
Sonic The Hedgehog Archives Volume 8 by Various