Last year, Things From Another World and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund teamed up with more than two dozen comics professionals to help raise more than $30,000 for the CBLDF’s annual auction at San Diego Comic-Con. Now we’re proud to announce that we are participating in our Second Annual SDCC Autograph Card/CBLDF Auction event, and we are asking creators to donate an original piece of art to this fun, exciting event.
We’re already off to an excellent start this year! We are thrilled to announce the participation of our flagship partner, Image Comics, one of the premier comic book publishers in the nation. The stellar folks at Image Comics are serious about supporting the CBLDF, and they are kicking things off with donations of art from many of their colossally talented creators!
However, we are determined to pack this event with every one of our favorite creators! It’s a wonderful way for artists to support the First Amendment rights of the comics community while promoting their signings in San Diego.
As with last year, we are asking artists to create original works of art to donate to the CBLDF auction at San Diego Comic-Con. In exchange, they will receive 500 free limited-edition autograph cards of their sketches to distribute in San Diego, and we will also give out additional copies of these awesome autograph cards at our booth during the Con.
Comics professionals who are interested in taking part are asked to please email Andrew McIntire with the subject line “CBLDF 2010 Auction” at your earliest convenience to notify us of your participation in this promotion so we can include you in as much of our advance publicity as possible.
In order to participate, creators must provide the following by the dates below:
- June 16th: Confirmation that they will participate, including the proper spellings of their first and last names and publishers, if applicable
We will still gladly accept new participants through July 9th! However, creators must respond by June 16th if they want to be included in the SDCC Event Guide ad.
- July 9th: A print-quality (300 dpi) B&W version of the creator’s art (.EPS or .TIFF) for limited-edition autograph cards, as well as a small JPG file for inclusion in the CBLDF’s online auction preview.
- July 14th: Deadline to send art to the CBLDF’s NYC office (original art may also be delivered to the CBLDF’s booth at SDCC by July 23rd).
Each card will include the artist’s name, SDCC booth number, the publisher’s logo (where applicable), and TFAW’s logo. The back will feature information urging recipients to support the CBLDF and attend the auction at SDCC ’10, as well as a brief sponsor message.
All of the proceeds from the auction of every piece will go to the CBLDF. Additionally, participants will receive the following:
- Frequent mention in the weeks leading up to, and after, SDCC ’10 in the TFAW.com blog, newsletters, and social media profiles, and a permanent link on our CBLDF support page, which will reside on TFAW.com throughout 2010. This page will be referenced in all external online advertising and press releases.
- Inclusion in our ad in the SDCC ’10 Event Guide (if we receive confirmation of participation by June 16th), which outlines the fundraising initiative and makes mention of all participating industry professionals.
- Public mention at the CBLDF’s auction when the donated piece is offered.
- Recognition and mention on the CBLDF’s website.
If you’re a comics professional who wants to participate in this event, or if you have any further questions, please email Andrew McIntire at email@example.com with the subject line “CBLDF 2010 Auction” today. We look forward to working with you to preserve the First Amendment rights of the professionals in our industry!
Check out a few of last year’s autograph cards, including those by Mike Mignola, Stan Sakai, Tim Seeley, and more!
Did you collect our SDCC-Exclusive Autograph Cards last year? Who would you like to see participate this year? Post your comments below!