MAMARONECK, NY – June 4, 2007
Sonic The Hedgehog’S Earliest Adventures Live On In Sonic The Hedgehog Archives #6!
In November, 2006, Archie Comics offered Sonic readers both new and old the opportunity to relive the earliest adventures of their favorite hero with the release of SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #1. Now, here we are on the eve of the release of the 6th volume, and everyone agrees: this new classic reprint series is a hit! Fans are jumping at the chance to travel back in time to where it all began. Back in 1993, Sonic the Hedgehog sped his way from video games to comic books. Almost 200 issues later, “the blue blur” can lay claim to having the most successful comic book career of all video game heroes. Now, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES, a thrilling series of upscale reprints, lets you revisit Sonic’s early days in a premium yet affordable format. These special 5 x 7 & ½ inch editions contain 112 action-packed pages, faithfully re-colored and printed on superior stock, with a low cover price of only $7.49 US! Picking up where the SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #5 left off (which reprinted the original Sonic series issues #17 through #20), SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #6 brings fans these classic tales from issues #21 through #24 – including the return of Anti-Sonic and the first glimpse of Antoine and Bunnie’s budding romance! Stories include: “The Three Phases of E.V.E.” (issue #21), “The Return” and “Tails’ Knighttime Story” (issue #22), “Ivo Robotnik, Freedom Fighter” and “The Vol-Ant-Teer” (issue #23), and the epic, “When Hedgehogs Collide” (issue #24). Including the first… and last appearance of Julayla, an early, important person in Sonic mythology! Stories include:
* “The Three Phases of E.V.E.” (issue #21): Robotnik unleashes his latest creation, E.V.E. (Exceptionally Versatile Evolvanoids), a constantly evolving menace to destroy Sonic… biology has other plans!
* “The Return” (issue #22): Take a peek into a possible future world where Sonic is married with children. Also Robotnik returns to wreck havoc!
* “Tails’ Knighttime Story” (issue #22): Reading a bedtime story to Tails provides Sally with the perfect opportunity to teach him that Sonic’s life isn’t all fun and adventure!
* “Ivo Robotnik, Freedom Fighter” (issue #23): Robotnik refuses to be upstaged by Carheem, a giant interplanetary scientist who has placed the Freedom Fighters under glass for future study!
* “The Vol-Ant-Teer” (issue #23): Everyone wants to be the first to recover the power ring Tails left behind in Robotropolis. Features the first glimpses of the Antoine and Bunnie romance!
* “When Hedgehogs Collide” (issue #24): All bets are off when Anti-Sonic returns… and he brings the anti-versions of the Freedom Fighters with him! Can Sonic and the real FF defeat their powerful, evil doppelgangers?
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #6, ships 9/26. 112-page, full color paperback, $7.49 US. SCRIPTS: Mike Gallagher, Angelo DeCesare, Mike Kanterovich & Ken Penders. ART: Dave Manak, Jon D’Agostino, Harvey Mercadoocasio & Art Mawhinney. Colossal cover by Spaz!