Media Release — Well Comicon Crazies, this weeks news can be encapsulated in a quote from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, “Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves” (Wow is that ever a dated reference!!)
Anyway, we have one cancellation to announce. Herb Trimpe won’t be able to make it due to a change in his schedule. But to replace Mr. Trimpe we have not one but two great comics creators,
• Mike McKone current artist of Amazing Spider-man and cover artist to Deadpool:Suicide Kings and the Punisher as well as former artist of The Fantastic Four and Teen Titans will be making his first appearance in Pittsburgh;
• and we also just added New Mutants co-creator and long time comic artist and inker, Bob McLeod.
Also added to the guest list this week are the group of creators dubbed Angry Drunk Graphics Indy Island.
ADG Indy Island includes such acclaimed indy creators as: Doug Pasziewicz (Arsenic Lullabies), Steve Vincent (Spaztic Colan), Erik Hodson (World of the Zombies) and more!!
For a full guest list visit: www.pittsburghcomicon.com/guest.html
Our 2009 Program book covers have both been added to our Charity Auction Page this week.
The Front Cover is an incredible recreation of the cover to Stan Lee’s Superhero Women – Painted by Mike Okamoto
The Back Cover is a stunning Jean Grey-Phoenix by Jamie Fay. You can see Jamie’s pencil art on the charity auction page now, but when you see this in full color it will blow your mind.
For a preview of some of our auction items visit: www.pittsburghcomcion.com/events.html
Lastly, Thanks to all the artists that have come forward with Kidz Day Promotions for Sunday of the show.
Our full Sunday Kidz Day summary includes:
• Free admission to Kids 12 and under;
• Kids Events including Duck Drawing with Patrick Block, A Kids Martial Arts panel with the Last Dragon’s Taimak and Star Wars Kidz Crafts courtesy of S.W.A.P.;
• Plus giveaways from Gary Reed, Sean Forney, Heather Kreiter, Mark Mariano, Tony Meillo, Andrew Harmon, Josh Warner and Kelli Stevens Kane.
Although time has run out to get any more promotions into the program book, I still encourage artists to participate and help to bring new readers into the fold. For our current participants and for artists that decide to provide a promotion between now and the show, I will be providing Kidz Day participant signs to post at your Booth or Table to help the kids find you in the convention hall.
I’ll talk to you again next week with more Comicon News and I hope to see you all in a little over three weeks.
Patrick A. Thomas
Marketing Director – Pittsburgh Comicon