As announced at anticipation.ca (site for Anticipation – The 67th World Science Fiction Convention), the nominees for the Hugo Award for Best Graphic Story have been announced. A diverse collection of talent and subject is represented, including cult favorite Serenity: Better Days. However, I can tell you that there isn’t a title in here that isn’t worth reading. This really shouldn’t come as any surprise given that these are the Hugos, which honor the best in science fiction and fantasy each year. Check out the list below and you’re guaranteed a treat. From all of us at TFAW.com–a heartfelt congratulations to all of this year’s nominees!
- Written by Jim Butcher, art by Ardian Syaf (Del Rey/Dabel Brothers Publishing)
- Written by Kaja & Phil Foglio, art by Phil Foglio, colors by Cheyenne Wright (Airship Entertainment)
- Written by Bill Willingham, pencilled by Mark Buckingham, art by Steve Leialoha and Andrew Pepoy, color by Lee Loughridge, letters by Todd Klein (DC/Vertigo Comics)
- Schlock Mercenary: The Body Politic Story and art by Howard Tayler (The Tayler Corporation)
- Written by Joss Whedon & Brett Matthews, art by Will Conrad, color by Michelle Madsen, cover by Jo Chen (Dark Horse Comics)
- Written/created by Brian K. Vaughan, pencilled/created by Pia Guerra, inked by Jose Marzan, Jr. (DC/Vertigo Comics)
So what say you, the comic masses? Are the nominating members of Anticipation on target, or miles off true north? Did they suss out the creme de la creme, or are there deserving titles that have been slighted? Let us know what you think.
Author : Andrew@TFAW