Be a hero for The Hero Initiative and sign up beginning Nov. 3rd, 2008 for the HP Charitable Giving Campaign and have HP match your cash donations to the Hero Initiative up to $1,000 annually.
The details look like this:
1) Cash matching is available to U.S. employees on a first-come, first-served basis AND only during the annual Charitable Giving Campaign (Nov1) until HP has met it’s $1,000,000 campaign commitment
2) Pledges are matched dollar for dollar up to $1,000 per employee per fiscal year
3) Cash pledging is ONLY available online at www.GivingStation.com/hp
4) Employee and match funds are distributed quarterly
5) Tax receipts are not available on the GivingStation because neither the GivingStation nor HP are charities. However, both organizations combined do provide sufficient information for gifts made via payroll. Use your GivingStation Pledge Confirmation and your HP Earnings Statement. HP instructs charities to receipt employees directly upon every distribution.
The process for donating cash looks like this:
1) Log in to www.GivingStation.com/hp
2) Click “Donate” in the lower left corner of the page
3) Click the “Charity Search” URL
4) Enter “Hero Initiative” in the “Charity Name” field
5) Once presented with the results, select “Hero Initiative” and look for your charity to appear in the right hand “Selected Charities” basket
6) Click “Next Step”
7) Enter pledge details
a. Pay types include: Credit Card, One-time payroll, On-going payroll, and Direct to Charity
b. ALL payroll gifts pledged during Campaign will begin deduction in January and distributed with Q1
c. Campaign Credit Card gifts will be charged within 24 hours and distributed in December
d. Anonymous gifts CANNOT be receipted
e. GivingStation calculates your available match amount
8) Review and submit your pledge
9) Print and retain your pledge confirmation for your records
The Hero Initiative thanks you for your support!