You can now get your first look at the covers and interior art for MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1, the special Black History Month one-shot arriving on February 15.
The press release follows:
Media Release — The next edition of Marvel’s Voices acclaimed anthology series, MARVEL’s VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER, hits stands next month! Honoring Black History Month, MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1 will feature five all-new stories spotlighting the iconic heroes of Wakanda as they are brought to life by an incredible lineup of Black creators, including fresh talent making their exciting Marvel Comics debuts! Today, fans can get a sneak peek at the stories that await and check out all four MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1 variant covers!
“Ever since we first started bringing Marvel’s Voices into our comics back in 2020, it’s been so inspiring to see our stories grow and evolve, bringing up a fantastic lineup of new characters and creators,” said Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski. “Looking ahead to 2023, we’re excited to expand the anthology series to broaden our focus on characters and families, giving our writers, editors, and readers more stories and more characters in the grand tradition of MARVEL’S VOICES.”
Here are the tales of myth, adventure, strife, and more that readers can look forward to, each one expanding the inimitable world of Wakanda in fascinating new ways!
· T’Challa’s grandfather, Azzuri, learns a lesson as a teenager that will have a dramatic impact on Wakanda’s present in a moving story by writer Adam Serwer (Wakanda) and Marvel Studios storyboard artist Todd Harris!
· It’s the debut of the LAST Black Panther in the far future of Wakanda in a revelatory tale written and drawn by Juni Ba (Black Panther, Image Comics’ Monkey Meat)
· T’Challa must grapple with a crisis of faith and goes through surprising lengths to get through it in a thrilling tale by writer Karama Horne, author of the recent Black Panther: Protectors of Wakanda book, and artist Alitha E. Martinez, known for her work on Black Panther and Miles Morales: Spider-Man
· Learn what length Shuri will go to in order to protect Wakanda from a devastating attack from a dangerous new foe in an action-packed story by Murewa Ayodele and Dotun Akanda, the team behind the recently announced I Am Iron Man limited series
· A new Dora Milaje trainee must accomplish one last thing to earn her place: defeat Okoye in combat! Witness this breathtaking battle in this story by Eisner Award-winning writer Sheena Howard and artist Marcus Williams (Tuskegee Heirs)
· Plus all-new essays, interviews, and bonus material about all things Wakanda!
Head over to Marvel.com now to hear from some of the creators and join Marvel Comics’ Black History Month celebration by picking up MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER #1 on February 15.
MARVEL’S VOICES – WAKANDA FOREVER #1
Written by JUNI BA, MUREWA AYODELE, ADAM SERWE, SHEENA HOWARD & KARAMA HORNE!
Art by JUNI BA, DOTUN AKANDE, TODD HARRIS, MARCUS WILLIAMS & ALITHA E. MARTINEZ!
Cover by KEN LASHLEY – 75960620605600111
Variant Cover by EJIWA “EDGE” EBENEBE – 75960620605600121
Variant Cover by KAREN S. DARBOE – 75960620605600131
Variant Cover by AFUA RICHARDSON – 75960620605600141
On Sale 2/15
To find a comic shop near you, visit www.comicshoplocator.com
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media for over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media.
For more information visit marvel.com.