Kansas City, MO and Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 10, 2007 — Devil’s Due Publishing has announced an agreement with uclick, a leader in digital entertainment, that will bring several titles from their dynamic line of original comic book properties to mobile phones.
The Devil’s Due titles will debut next year on uclick’s GoComics Mobile Comic Book Reader, available on all major carriers including Sprint, Verizon and AT&T.
In just a few short years, Devil’s Due grew from a small publisher into a Death Star-esque, fully operational comic books powerhouse
“We’re always looking for ways to bring our comic books to new audiences,” said Josh Blaylock, President of Devil’s Due Publishing, “By partnering with uclick we have the opportunity to get our books to readers who might have never set foot in a comic shop before. uclick is pioneering the delivery of comic books to the mobile phone market, and I’m proud that Devil’s Due is able to be a part of their GoComics lineup.”
Known for spearheading the “’80s Revival” in comics with the revamp of G.I. Joe in 2001, Devil’s Due has gone on to become one of the largest comic book publishers in the United States. The publisher’s diverse line of original comic book properties includes Sheena: Queen of the Jungle, Lost Squad, Voltron, the cult-favorite Hack/Slash, and the upcoming Mercy Sparx.
The new additions to uclick’s GoComics mobile comic book lineup are a cross-section of Devil’s Due’s extensive publishing output from the past, present and near future, including:
* Xombie: An undead man fights to protect human lives from evil zombies.
* Drafted: An alien invasion forces our world to unite like never before.
* Kore: A blundering college slacker releases evil from an ancient tomb.
* Breakdown: A superhero becomes a deadly vigilante after the murder of his family.
* Misplaced: A powerful outcast from Utopia finds her new life on Earth.
* Defex: Five student scientists discover hidden powers in human DNA.
* Penguin Brothers: Three teenage penguins become the heroes of Chill City, Antarctica.
* Warstone: Only a long lost half-elf, half-human can stop a dark sorcerer from ruling the Earth.
* Mercy Sparx: A devil girl is contracted by Heaven to hunt down rogue angels.
These new titles join a diverse collection of exciting comic books optimized by GoComics for mobile phone screens. The star-studded lineup includes Jeff Smith’s wildly popular Bone series; the Shakti-style epics of Virgin Comics; the sci-fi fantasy hits GØDLAND and Elephantmen; the webcomic-turned-comic-book PvP; the manga and anime horror import Guilstein; high-flying martial arts fun starring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and many more. The Mobile Comic Book Reader is available on all major carriers, including Sprint, Verizon and AT&T.
“In just a few short years, Devil’s Due grew from a small publisher into a Death Star-esque, fully operational comic books powerhouse,” said uclick Manager of Product Development Harold Sipe. “The GoComics Devil’s Due collection is made up of exciting original material, and we’re happy to be delivering these titles to mobile comic book readers.”
For more information on uclick’s GoComics mobile line, visit www.gocomics.com/comicbooks.