Media Release — This September, DC Comics will publish five RED Specials: four based on the upcoming film from Summit Entertainment, followed by one that stands as a prequel to the original miniseries.
All five specials feature new covers by original RED artist Cully Hamner!
Important: For RED: JOE SPECIAL #1, RED: MARVIN SPECIAL #1, RED: VICTORIA SPECIAL #1 and RED: FRANK SPECIAL #1 – all now scheduled to arrive in stores on September 15 – all orders must be received with August Previews initial orders on August 31.
RED: JOE SPECIAL #1, RED: MARVIN SPECIAL #1, RED: VICTORIA SPECIAL #1 and RED: FRANK SPECIAL #1 will not be listed on Final Order Cutoff (FOC). These titles may be allocated if orders exceed available quantities.
The action begins with these four specials:
* The RED: MARVIN SPECIAL #1, written by Erich Hoeber with art by Diego Olmos. Marvin Boggs is one of the C.I.A.’s top infiltration men and his latest mission sends him down a dark, strange path where he learns that the mission this time around is himself! If he can’t trust himself, how can he trust anyone else?
* The RED: VICTORIA SPECIAL #1, written by Jon Hoeber with art by David Hahn. Victoria is a beautiful and vibrant 30-year-old woman in her prime – and MI6’s top assassin. The commitment to become the best has left her personal life empty and cold . . . until, on a vacation following a particularly difficult mission, she meets the man of her dreams and falls head-over-heels in love! The only downside? He’s the K.G.B.’s hottest agent, and he’s her next target!
* The RED: JOE SPECIAL #1, written by Doug Wagner with art by Bruno Redondo. Joe is an old hand at missions for the C.I.A., but even he raises an eyebrow at his latest assignment: face-to-face personnel reviews with deep cover operatives IN the field. And to make things even more difficult, the “field” is Moscow and it’s during the height of the Cold War in 1981. It’s going to be one long day!
* The RED: FRANK SPECIAL #1, written by Gregory Noveck with art by Jason Masters. Frank Moses is the C.I.A.’s top agent, and his latest mission is to tutor a gifted young agent on a mission to Cairo. First lesson to learn: no personal attachments…a lesson that could cause both men their lives!
It continues in the RED: EYES ONLY #1 Special, originally solicited under the name RED: PREQUEL SPECIAL and written and illustrated by Hamner. Paul Moses was a killer in the service of the C.I.A. for decades and has the nightmares to prove it. But what mission was the turning point to his retirement? What betrayal cut so deep that it went all the way to the top?
The RED Specials are solicited in the August Previews as follows:
* RED: EYES ONLY #1 (AUG100235) is retrosolicited and is scheduled to arrive in stores on September 29. This title will be on Final Order Cutoff on September 9.
* RED: MARVIN SPECIAL #1 (AUG100236) has an updated scheduled in-store date of September 15.
* RED: VICTORIA SPECIAL #1 (AUG100237) has an updated scheduled in-store date of September 15.
* RED: JOE SPECIAL #1 (AUG100238) has an updated scheduled in-store date of September 15.
* RED: FRANK SPECIAL #1 (AUG100239) has an updated scheduled in-store date of September 15.