Updated shipping information for DC comics and products being released beyond the week of 10/16/2013, provided by Diamond Distribution and our friends at Things From Another World. This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License, and is © 1995-2013 Charles LePage.
Remember, when you order any of these titles, whether here or at your local comic book shop, NOW instead of waiting closer to the release date, you save money AND you save the time of hunting down the issue after it sells out. To find a local comic book shop, please browse The Master List of Comic Book & Trading Card Stores.
- On October 16, retailers will receive the free LINE OF DEFENSE promotional comic book based on the based on the PC game Line of Defense, designed by videogame veteran Derek Smart and developed by 3000AD. In the world of Line of Defense, the Terran military forces of GALCOM are at war with the Insurgents – a splinter group of military personnel opposed to the Terran governing body. In a surprise move, the Insurgents took over the planet Lyrius, a shuttered GALCOM installation used for weapons testing and R&D. The game and comic pick up after the GALCOM counter-offensive reaches a stalemate in orbit and on the planet. The Line of Defense comic will tell four stories, one each quarter starting this October, from both factions of the Lyrius conflict. The first arc, “Payback,” is a revenge story. Insurgent soldier Akasuki Svenson has spent years fighting GALCOM oppression across the galaxy, waiting for an opportunity to get revenge on the GALCOM commander that destroyed her home. The window has finally opened, but she’ll have to fight her way deep into enemy territory to exact vengeance. LINE OF DEFENSE is a free comic book written by Ricardo Sanchez (LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT, Resident Evil, Alganon), with art by Brian Ching (GEARS OF WAR, BATMAN: ARKHAM UNHINGED, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic) and cover art by Sergio Sandoval (LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT, ARROW, UNCHARTED).
- Retailers whose new FOC orders on HINTERKIND #2 equal or exceed 95% of their their FOC orders for HINTERKIND #1 (AUG130332) will qualify for 100% returnability at a later date! HINTERKIND #2 (SEP130302) is scheduled to arrive in stores on November 6 and is on FOC on October 14.
- DC Entertainment will make the Villains Month Standard Edition comics that arrived in stores on September 4 returnable.
- The following items have been reprinted and are available for order:
- BATMAN AND ROBIN VOL. 1: BORN TO KILL TP (MAR130270) (2nd printing)
- BATMAN: YEAR ONE DELUXE TP (OCT060163) (9th printing)
- THE INVISIBLES VOL. 1: SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION TP (SEP068118)
- NIGHTWING VOL. 1: TRAPS AND TRAPEZES TP (JUL120214) (4th printing)
- THE SANDMAN VOL. 2: THE DOLL’S HOUSE TP NEW EDITION (JUL100260) (5th printing)
- THE SANDMAN VOL. 4: SEASON OF MISTS TP NEW EDITION (OCT100330) (4th printing)
- THE SANDMAN VOL. 5: A GAME OF YOU TP NEW EDITION (JAN110431) (4th printing)
- THE SANDMAN VOL. 7: BRIEF LIVES TP NEW EDITION (SEP110227) (3rd printing)
- THE SANDMAN VOL. 10: THE WAKE TP NEW EDITION (AUG120292) (2nd printing)
- SUICIDE SQUAD VOL. 1: KICKED IN THE TEETH TP (APR120250) (4th printing)
- SUPERGIRL VOL. 1: LAST DAUGHTER OF KRYPTON TP (JUL120216) (3rd printing)
- SUPERMAN VS. SHAZAM! TP (NOV120273) (2nd printing)
- SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT TP (JUL050214) (8th printing)
- SUPERMAN: REIGN OF DOOMSDAY TP (DEC120340) (2nd printing)
- TINY TITANS: GROWING UP TINY TP (MAR120269) (2nd printing)
The DC COMICS Extended Forecast: