Some resolutions/ideas/thoughts as we stand on the precipice of 2010:
1) I resolve to be more thoughtful about the stories and press releases I post on comiclist.com. Looking back at 2009, I can see some items I posted that did not fit with the theme of this site. We are all about letting you know what is coming out and when, and the non-list items should reflect that. Of course, I won’t abandon non-release stories like those about CBLDF. And if something relatively important happens, like the Marvel/Disney merger, I’ll report on that too. I’ll just skip (most of) the press releases about parties and movies. And, I’ll endeavor to post the ORIGINAL news and reviews that everyone is going to send to me in 2010 (hint hint).
2) I resolve to remember and take advantage of the Comicraft Annual font sale this year.
3) I resolve to do my best to answer the emails sent to me sooner, even if the answer is “no, I don’t run a comic book shop and I don’t have that item to sell to you.”
4) I resolve to catch up on all the unread emails I have in my inbox.
5) I resolve to review comics I promise to review in a timely manner.
6) I resolve to not let Farmville and Farmtown interfere with my ComicList work time.
7) I resolve to make a point of thanking those who use my lists and give me credit. Likewise, I will remind those who use them and imply they put the lists together to provide proper credit.
8) I resolve to learn more about XML, as I continue to receive suggestions that a per-item XML would be very useful, instead of having just per-post XML.
9) I resolve to work harder at making the release information on this site more accurate than ever.
10) Have a blessed and safe New Year’s Eve! ComicList wouldn’t exist without all you faithful readers, and with ComicList hitting its 15th anniversary in a few short weeks, I’d like to thank all of you for your kind words and praise. And of course, thank you to Brandon for all his time and labor he puts into his Geek Goggle Reviews. Let’s make 2010 the best year in comic books ever!