UDATED VERSION COMING SOON! Now that our brand new site is live, there is a lot more to tell you about!
Welcome to the amazing world of GoCollect! Before writing for GoCollect, I used the site religiously to know how much I should pay for my books. For those new to collecting or just new to GoCollect, this site is a pricing guide for graded books. But wait. There’s more! Not only does it provide up-to-date sales on all comics, but you can refine searches to include Signature Series books, create want/own lists, see how the market is doing on certain books, and read all of the truly superb writing done by these super-humanly talented authors. *wink, wink*
Let’s dive in!
This is the main page for GoCollect. This is what you will normally see when you first load. Below is a quick explanation of what the various parts are and do.
- Search Bar – Pretty self-explanatory but do make sure you spell the names correctly. For example, search for X-Men, not Xmen.
- This is where you can search the cert numbers of any CGC graded book. Although we also have the Fair Market Values (FMV) for CBCS books, we do not access their certs.
- This what’s hot in every age! Want to know what modern books are selling? Click on Modern! The same goes for Silver and Bronze.
- Here is a list of all the new blogs that have been posted to GoCollect.
- This is your user information and settings
- Current Subscription Status – We have a free and paid service
- If you find a coupon this is where you enter it. Search around, some YouTubers have been offering coupons for a month trial for their subscribers. Trust me it’s worth it!
- Once again as above, this is the What’s Hot list split by age
- Watch Alerts – This is an awesome feature that notifies you when a book you are searching for sells. This helps see how the market and the FMV of the book are doing to better negotiate with sellers and buyers.
- Here are the current blogs related to Comic Book Speculation
Under your user name, you will see a drop-down listing: Comics I’m Watching, My Comic Lists, Settings, and Log Out. The last two are pretty simple to figure out. The first one, Comics I’m Watching is the list from the books you placed on the Watch Alert. So instead of going crazy searching and remembering what books you want and need, GoCollect has them all sorted here for you. You can also list all the books you own in your collection.
When you list books in your collection you can check off if they are graded or not so that you can fully have a list of your collection. Plus, as you see above, you can generate a value report, share the list, print it (great for insurances), and download the list. This feature alone is worth it all! I have separate insurance on my books and having a list with all of the values keeps everything in-line in case the worst comes to fruition.
This is what everyone wants to know about. How much are your books worth! Here are some pictures to help you better understand how to value your books. When you check the prices for your book you will come up to a page like the above. On the left, there is a list of the FMV for every grade of the book. Top right is a graph with the census points plotted in for the more visual collectors. Below that is the actual numbers for how many books there are in each grade according to CGC.
If you click on the FMV tab to the 50+ Sale History this is what you will see. It has the last 50 sales of that book in no particular grade. Here you can see if the values are starting to rise or fall to better judge how to purchase or sell your books. What I love is that you can actually see where it was sold and when. As you see above, 4 books already sold in a 3 day period.
Here is the screen that you get once you click on the pizza pie (sorry hungry while writing) next to FMV/Sale History titled Dive Deeper. Now you can search the FMV for every label, in every grade, including CBCS. You can refine the search to include only restored slabs, qualified slabs, and even Signature Series slabs (Verified and Witnessed).
Simply put, this is the list of what CGC has on their records of the amount of the books graded in a specific grade. Meaning, looking above you can see only 44 books have been graded at a 9.8. There are some issues with CGC and the use of their census, but I’ll leave that up to you to search and read up on.
We even help you sell your books! It’s a one-stop-shop! All you have to do is fill out the form and someone will be in contact with you to assist you! It can’t get easier than that!
Believe it or not, there are still some features that I hope to show you in another blog. Some of them include a list of Key Books, Weekly Hot Lists, and a Comics by letter lookup. But if I show you everything what’s left for you to discover?
Up your collecting game and check this site out fully to use it at it’s best. With the information found here, I have been able to buy grail books at or below FMV! Don’t get me wrong, I can be charming at times, but using this information does help you not get taken.
Hope you all enjoyed this! Let me know what you think below! Also, don’t forget to look for GoCollect on all social platforms!
As always, Till Next Time and Happy Hunting!